Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Oh that Marti Jo...


I am a little disgusted with myself. My sister's birthday was a month ago and I am just doing her birthday post. I had very specific pictures I wanted to use for this and kept hoping they'd appear. BUT, a month later I still can't find them so I figure I'd better just move on with my life.

Marti is the oldest, and I'm the baby which means there's a 7 (I think) year gap between us but it's never stopped us from being great friends. Even when I was a little girl I wanted to go wherever she was going. Once I begged long enough for her to take me with her to the store that she caved and let me go, but for some reason didn't make me wear shoes...our car (and by car I mean the giant white cattle truck we drove) broke down and I remember walking home, groceries in hand, and barefoot. I kept telling her she had to carry me because it was her fault I wasn't wearing shoes. She never carried me, but I forgave her and we continued on as friends and have only gotten closer as we've gotten older. Marti Jo is a GOOD mama to her 4 kids, and I'm so proud of how hard she works to give her family a good home. She works so hard and sacrifices so much to make sure that all of her kids get all they need (even when they clearly don't understand or appreciate the sacrifices she's made.) She also has the softest heart, and is always making something, or cooking something for somebody. She's the first person to offer help to anyone that might need it.


Marti and I have been through a lot of happy and sad times together. She's one of the few people that I can call any time night or day (whether it's to share great news, or to cry my eyes out) and know that she'll always be there to listen to me. I'm so grateful to have her as a sister and a friend. Sure do love you Mardith Jo Bennett Winn!!! Happy (super late) Birthday!!!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this post. Marti is the BESTEST. Happy birthday. I love the pictures and I am sorry about your tiny feet.

    ReplyDelete