Thursday, July 1, 2010

Stevie Boy's big day!


Steven Kade Bennett has a birthday tomorrow, but I'll be on the road so I thought I'd better send some love tonight. My youngest memories with Steve aren't always the best (mostly I remember things like locking him downstairs when he would babysit me, or him chasing me with chairs and other heavy objects, or him giving me my one and only bloody nose) but as the years passed by and I was old enough to not be an embarrasment, we became good friends. I sure do love my Stevie Boy. He is so knowledgable about so many things and is my go to guy when it comes to purchasing anything that's used outdoors. He can always convince me to do ridiculous things like climbing multiple fences, and hiking dangerous hills with fishing poles in hand, only to go fly fishing in FREEZING COLD rivers with rushing water up to my waist. He's a good boy, that Sam. He's a great dad and has become quite a softie (which is a miracle of all miracles) with his babies and the rest of us too. Happy Birthday Viejito! You look more like dad every day! :)

1 comment:

  1. i can see TAYIA in that picture of steve when he was little. wow. never really thought they looked alike.

    ReplyDelete