Tuesday, July 27, 2010

To Kristin, with love...

This post is for my dear friend Kristin. It's basically a few random things about me that don't mean much to anybody.

I went on a first date with a boy that took me to Temple Square to make wishes in the fountain for each year of my life. (Making 25 wishes all together.) About an hour in to the date my only wish was to be home.

When I was 17 (and 40 pounds heavier) it was not uncommon for me to buy a box of donuts and eat the whole thing within an hour or so. I would then wash it down with 32 ounces of soda.

I have used the "Oh I must have bad reception" excuse to hang up on a boy, and never call back. (I know it sounds awful but a girl can only take so many awkward conversations before she snaps.)

I once threw buckets of rotten fruit at a neighbor girl that I didn't want to play with. (Ash knows who I'm talking about. J-j-j-junkson.)

One time I spent the afternoon telling my brand new mission companion awful scary stories about skin-walkers (wikipedia them if you're not familiar) and then waited until we had blown out our candles (no electricity at the time) and had gone to bed. I waited until I knew she was almost asleep, crawled silently across the floor, grabbed her shoulder and whispered her name. It worked, she was scared.

Every once in awhile I will rearrange things in an attorney's office at work. I've stacked chairs, moved books to different shelves, things like that. She is CONVINCED that they are hate crimes, and that someone is trying to "send her a message." I love it.

To Kristin, I love you, here's a post.

4 comments:

  1. Prute!! Oh how I love to read your blog. This one had me bursting out loud as all our childhood memories came flooding back. I only wish we all lived close so we could hang out. If I recall..throwing rotten fruit is just the tip of the iceberg. Good times!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You. Are. Hilarious! I wish I knew you better. Instead, I read your blog. I like you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha oh man... i needed this today... made my day laughed till my guts hurt i read it twice!

    ReplyDelete