Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Lots of kids=lots of fun.







A few weekends back we had the chance to go to Blanding for my niece Caitlyn's baptism. All but one of my nieces and nephews live in Blanding (on the Bennett side) so Joe and I (meaning I decided, and Joe supported)decided to rent a hotel room big enough for the two of us, and 6 kids. We found a killer deal, and made it happen! So, Saturday night around 6:00 we started rounding up kids and headed to dinner at The Homestead. Let me just tell you, my six darlings were on their best behavior. Apparently the threatening talks of being sent home due to bad bevahior paid off because our table of 8 was no louder than any other table in the restaurant. Next we moved on to our hotel room where we were prepared with glow sticks for the crowds. Who would have guessed that those things would bring hours of enjoyment. We were constantly changing from necklaces to bracelets, or counting to make sure that each kid still had their 9 glow sticks they started out with. Bed time also went better than anticipated. Of course we had to make a few minor adjustments as to who was sleeping where. Even I had to switch "hides" of the bed with Uncle Joe so I could sleep closer to Trace, but everyone eventually dozed off, and slept through the night. I had so much fun staying with the kids, and Joe was a good sport through it all too. I love my little munchkins and can't wait for the next giant slumber party.

No comments:

Post a Comment