Thursday, November 26, 2009

Feelings...

I decided that I should probably do the right thing, and make a list of things that I am truly grateful for in an attempt to make up for being a bitter Betty in my last post.
1. My mom and dad. They have taken care of me for (almost) 28 years and I imagine they'll continue to do so for the rest of our lives. Nobody makes lasagna as good as my mom does (not everyone has to agree with me on this point) and nobody dances quite like my dad (the jury is still out on whether that's a good or bad thing.) They're just such good people it's amazing. I love them VERY VERY much.
2. Good siblings. We always have a good time when we're together. I can think of SO MANY awful things they did to me growing up (like my brothers telling me that hair turns into spiders 3 days after it's cut or falls out) but I love them (and their families) all the same.
3. Good friends. I hate to name names because I have so many great friends that have done so much for me, but I feel like 3 people specifically need to make the cut: Stacy, Tyrel, and Erin. These 3 girls have seen me at my best and my worst and are still my friends to talk about it. It's sort of a miracle.
4. My job. I love my boss, and truly enjoy my work. How many people can really say that?
5. My dog. I have officially become a dog person. I always liked my dogs growing up, but our dog Peter has totally won me over. I'm not happy to admit it, but I've become the proud mama that always tells stories about things he's done. (Erin and Stacy can tell you all about it.)
6. My cute husband. What, you thought I wasn't going to mention him? Please. I feel very lucky to have married my sweet Joseph John. He's a very lovable nerd, with a heart 8 times bigger than mine. I can't say much more without getting too "Today I marry my best friend" on this, so I'll just say that I love Joe, and feel like I won the lottery the day I finally convinced him to marry me.
I'm sure I could go on and on but I'll just say that I'm not oblvious to my blessings, and here's my post to prove it mom. :)

3 comments:

  1. Love your posts Kace! I didn't know you had a blog until I saw it when I was on Steve and Michelle's. I added you to my friends on my blog, I hope thats ok. Sounds like you guys are doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I'm shocked I'm still friends with you as well, but then you do a sweet post like this and then I remember why I stick around. "I'n awesome!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. and I am thankful we didn't die in the bug and didn't get killed while sleeping in the shack by your cabin (tyrel, are you still awake...ya, are you still sitting up looking at the door......ya). Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete