Friday, November 20, 2009

An Unthankful, Ungiving Thanksgiving.

I know-I'm an awful person. I've read plenty of great posts about all of the things that people are so thankful for, and while my list of things to be grateful for is very long and continually growing I can't help but feel the need to write down a few things that don't make feel thankful even the tiniest little bit.
1. People. People on a whole REALLY bug me. I realize that it takes most people the majority of their lives to get to a point where they'd rather stay in than deal with the crowds but I think I reached that point at age 17. On a regular basis I find myself fighting the urge to shake someone and yell "USE YOUR WORDS FOOL!" Maybe it's hereditary. My dad has the same problem, an uncle on my mom's side suffers from the disease as well, so perhaps I was just destined to be this way. Whatever the reason, people drive me nuts.
2. Traffic. Seriously? The fact that there's an 8-10 foot space in between me, and the car in front of me makes you feel like you NEED to come over into my lane? Or just because you're chatting your life away on your cell phone makes you think it's ok to be driving 55 mph in the fast lane? No no my friend-think again! I am very lucky to live 3 blocks from my place of employment or I think I would have already gone "Towanda" on somebody. You know what I'm talking about: Fried Green Tomatoes, a store parking lot-very classic.
3. Gossiping. Don't get me wrong, nobody loves a juicy bit of info more than I do. I love hearing "don't tell anyone yet" baby news, or secret proposal stories with the rest of the world. I even enjoy hearing scandalous "she did what?" or "he's dating who?" stories. It doesn't stop there however; people turn mean and nasty so quickly. For the record, once you start telling me awful or vindictive things about people that I either a)care about and enjoy b)don't care about or enjoy or c) have never even heard of, I kind of just want to punch you in the face. I'm shocked at how comfortable people are sharing horrific things that they'd never want said about themselves. Suddenly I'm reminded of number one on my list.
4. Judgers. Now, for those of you that know me, know that I'm a self-admitted judger. I judge every person I deal with on a daily basis. I judge co-workers, friends, family, myself-you name em, I've judged em. I make quick judgments too, which usually always end up completely wrong. So who am I to hate the judgers you ask? Someone who judges, but doesn't discriminate. I'll judge your hair, your shirt, your shoes, your face-but it won't change the way I treat you. (Unless of course, I judged you to be awful and you proved me right.)What I really hate are people that judge, and act accordingly. I might judge the world, but I will at least TRY to keep my judgments to myself, or a few select inidividuals. :)
So there we have it. This is my unthankful, ungiving list for Thanksgiving. Like I said before, I know-I'm awful.

2 comments: