Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A season of surprises (part one)

December was a great month for me. I started off with a great birthday. The day before my birthday we were able to get together with my Blanding friends and do our little "Holiday" party at Texas Roadhouse. Someone tipped the waiter off that it was my birthday and I had to sit on the "birthday saddle" while I got a birthday "yee haw" from the workers. I'd like to say there are no pictures, but I think Stacy and Joe both got some. My actual birthday was full of pleasant surprises. All I knew about my birthday plans was that I was supposed to leave work at 3:45 p.m. and that I needed to dress warm. I got home to presents (wrapped in already used wrapping paper) and flowers from my sweet husband. I opened the presents and found a pair of snow boots that I really needed (taking the dog out early in the morning gets very cold) and the newly remastered version of Snow White. I was already excited about my presents and would have been happy just staying home but Joe had other plans. I changed into warmer clothes, including my new boots and we were on our way. About half way through Parley's Canyon I guessed that we were going to the Heber Creeper Polar Express. THE POLAR EXPRESS!!! I've been wanting to do this ride for years.

It was so much fun. We were the only adults in our car that didn't have kids. I didn't care at all; I loved every second of the whole ride. They give you your cookies and hot chocolate from Mrs. Claus, read the story, Santa comes to visit, and you sing Christmas carols. I'm like a little kid so of course I loved the whole thing.

Next it was off to dinner at the restaurant Zoom in Park City. It was DELICIOUS! We had this amazing jalapeno crab dip appetizer and then I ordered a burger with a side of shrimp. (Don't judge me, it was my birthday.) I can say for sure it was the best shrimp I've ever had. Joe got delicious seared tuna, and then we topped the whole thing off with an apple and walnut pot pie. Wow. I was stuffed to the brim, but I couldn't have been happier about my day.

1 comment: