Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Hot Springs, Turkey, and the Jazz.


Joe and I had the chance to go Lava Hot Springs for Thanksgiving. It was such a fun trip. All we did was eat, play monolopy, soak in the hot pools, and watch tons of t.v. We started our vacation the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and went to the Jazz game. We have season tickets, and it's always fun to watch the TINY little players from our seats up high.

We headed up to Lava on Wednesday, got to the cute house we rented, and started the relaxation. Thursday we slept in, ate some breakfast and started to prepare our Thanksgiving dinner. I must say that while I missed my mom's delicious rolls and stuffing I was very pleased with our own mini feast.



We even bought a special meal for Peter, I think he was pleased as well.



Sunday we made the trip in to Soda Springs so I could show Joe where my dad grew up, and the fun things he used to take us to see. We stopped to see the man made geyser Soda has. It was an incredibly ghetto set up, but the geyser was super neat. It goes off every hour on the hour.



I took Joe past my grandpa's house and showed him the train tracks we always smashed pennies on. Then I took him to Hooper Springs and made him try the weird "soda" water that we always drank when we were little. We would always take a gallon of it back home to Blanding and make grape kool aid for show and tell. What AWFUL tasting water. I had such a good day being able to show Joe the fun things my dad showed us each time we went to see my grandparents. Monday we had to come back to the real world, but had such a great time and were super grateful for the break. Oh, and just for the record: I am the Monopoly champ at my house. (And yes, I have the granny Lila gene and cheated once. I felt guilty and told Joe after.)

4 comments:

  1. I love that you just went on such a cute vacation with just the two of you for Thanksgiving! How fun that your dad grew up there! Lava Hot Springs is on our itinerary for Christmas (we are doing it in Logan). Unfortunately I won't be participating, don't want to cook this baby, but I hear it is super fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kace- you look super beautiful in that top picture! see you guys next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kace...don't feel bad about having the Granny Lila gene. You are not the only one who posesses it. I think she handed it down to many of us. I so miss playing games with her and all of us. Sounds like you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are so cute together! And for the record, I LOVE that you named the puppy Peter. :) Makes me laugh!

    ReplyDelete