Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A season of surprises (part two)


Christmas was so great this year. We got together with my family the weekend before Christmas and had a great time. There was plenty of good food, good fun, and of course good company. Christmas eve Joe and I had dinner with his parents, and then came home and opened up our Christmas eve presents. I got Joe Denver Broncos, and 49ers ping pong paddles so our teams can battle each other each time we play. He got me the WHOLE set of Saturday's Warrior piano music, and probably regretted it the second I opened my present and began serenading him with each song I turned to. Saturday's Warrior is a BIG hit with me (and Stacy) and I was super excited about it. We visited for awhile and then I got our stockings taken care of while he "set up" my main present in our front room. He covered it with a blanket so I wouldn't be able to see it while I was setting his gift up. I was good, and didn't snoop. I set his present up, took care of our stockings and then it was off to bed. Joe got up to go potty at about 5:00 a.m. which woke me up. The longer we tried to go back to sleep the more excited we became about sharing our presents with each other. Finally at about 5:40 a.m. we got up and opened our presents. I had Joe look at his present first. It's a neat little Denver Broncos Mini-fridge that can also heat up food. It's meant for tailgating parties so you can even plug it into your car. I was very excited for him to see it and completely forgot about my covered up present behind me. Joe told me it was my turn to open my present so I pulled the blanket off of the gift and found two empty shoe boxes with a note telling me Santa had left my present downstairs in the big guest bedroom. I walked downstairs and couldn't believe my eyes.

There she is in all of her glory, my new Yahama P-155 digital piano!!!! DIGITAL PIANO!!! Even today it brings tears to my eyes. For years I have searched for, and priced digital and acoustic pianos. I never could justify the chunk of cash I'd have to pay for something I had no place to put. When I saw my piano all set up Christmas morning I was shocked. I just stared at it and cried, and then of course sat down and played the gorgeous thing. What an amazing husband I have to get such a special present for me. Afer a few songs we made our way upstairs and finished opening our presents and then headed back to bed. We eventually got back out of bed, and spent the rest of the day calling and visiting friends and family. We had a great day and were very happy to be able to have our first Christmas together as our own little family. (Although Peter wasn't very interested in opening presents, he mostly slept through the excitement until I gave him one of the dog treats my mom got him for Christmas.)

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you to get that piano. What a great gift!

    ReplyDelete