Friday, March 26, 2010

Boys. (sigh)

I am a migraine sufferer. They come out of nowhere and the only thing that brings relief is my prescription meds accompanied with complete silence in a dark room. Well this week I had a migraine but couldn't miss work so each morning I took my meds and headed to work. Wednesday was ROUGH. I didn't think I was going to make it through the day, and in fact I didn't. I left work early and went home to rest. Well one of my male friends had wanted to come by and see our house (namely Joe's big screen)but I let him know that it wasn't a good day for that because I had a migraine. Well my friend is a good friend and wanted to check up on me. It went something like this:
Friend: How are you feeling?
Me: Much better, there's light at the end of the tunnel.
Friend: Oh good, is it weird that I'm talking to you about this?
Me: About what, my headache?
Friend: Well yeah, because it's a migraine.
Me: Are those secret kinds of headaches and I didn't know it?
Friend: Well you know, because migraines are from, you know...that time of the month.
Me: Are you serious right now? Or are you kidding?
Friend: What? I just don't know if you wanted to talk about that.
Me: Wait. You really think that a migraine comes from a girl having her period?"
Friend: Shh! Don't say that loud. I'm sorry I brought it up.
The rest of the story includes me explaining what a migraine is, and that men and women get them. Oh boys, quite clueless at times aren't they?

1 comment: