Thursday, April 22, 2010

The m stands for mud.



My dad had a birthday on Tuesday and I am just getting around to posting about it. Shame on me. I don't love him any less because of the delay I just couldn't find my photos. My dad's name is Nyle M. Bennett. The m doesn't stand for anything, it's just an initial. My dad always told me that it stood for mud. I still remember Mrs. Hurst telling me she highly doubted that my dad's middle name was mud and me telling her that she could think what she wanted, I was right. I think the stubborn gene was passed down from Mr. Mud himself. My dad can be quite stubborn and is very set in his ways but he is an incredibly great man. I learned the true meaning of giving service from my dad. He is always so willing to do anything for anybody without ever being asked. Just this last weekend he and my mom came up to stay with us and celebrate my dad's birthday and he spent a good chunk of his time helping (and by helping I mean Joe watched and handed my dad things) Joe fix all of our sprinklers. It's almost impossible to describe my dad to somebody who has never met him. I think the best I can do is by saying he's a little bit country, and a little bit rock 'n roll. He's also just the best. Sure do love you pops, happy birthday!!!

1 comment:

  1. oh- so great. i agree with you 100% your dad is awesome! i remember how much he helped us when we were trying to get into our house. i remember one night i got home from work and knew i had to go prime our kitchen and i was preggo and sick and when i got there your dad had most of it done. i cried and cried that night when i went to bed because i was so thankful.

    ReplyDelete