Sunday, February 28, 2010

Being ordinary.

When I was younger I thought I'd get married when I was 20, maybe 21 (at the latest), have BEAUTIFUL children (which I still plan on having) and have a wonderful, smart, caring, loving, rich husband that would support me as I traveled and did motivational speeches for people all over the world. I had grand visions of how I would change the world. Life didn't exactly turn out that way. I'm 28, only been married a few months, and have no intention of speaking out to the world. (For the record, I did score on the husband.) My point is that my life is fairly ordinary and I couldn't be happier. I had conversations with friends that didn't want me to get married in the S.L. Temple because "everyone gets married there." So I was one of 20 brides that got married there that day, so what? My day was perfect for me, as I'm sure it was for all of the other lovely ladies marrying the love of their life. Not much about my life would stand out to people and that's ok. My life is much more quiet and "normal" than I ever thought it would be and it makes me happy. Today it hit me that it's ok to just be one of the crowd as long as you're in the right crowd. My name is Kacey, I'm ordinary, and I can embrace it. :)

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Nick always says, "You are unique. Just like everybody else." It is funny to think back to what we all thought our lives would be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just heart you to pieces Kacey Eugene!

    ReplyDelete